Heraclitus Vindicated

I never anticipated researchers in empirical science and more importantly, meta-analysis, to provide logical and observational proofs for a few basic axioms.

1. “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man” - Heraclitus
  2. We do not return to the same place every year.

The second isn’t really an axiom, but a question that has interested me for some time: “do we return to the same place every year?”

As Simon shows, the earth moves 14,035.85 km or 8,721.47 miles along the PVP orbit each year, while the earth rotates at 1.6 kmh / 1mph. We progress 38 km / 23 mi along the PVP orbit each day. A revisionist stance on heliocentric dogma reveals that this simple axiom is far from simple when understood in light of the Tychos.

1. Everything is in motion.
  2. The earth will return to the same place in one Tychos Great Year.
  3. We do not return to the same place in absolute space in our lifetime.

It is interesting that we now know that different organs in the body regenerate at different rates; many of our cells are not the same cells from day to day, or year to year. This fact, which describes the biology of man, has vindicated Heraclitus on one count. But, when it comes to the river, it is changed in two senses. Obviously, the water which “defines” the river is in motion. But the earth in which the river exists is moving at 23.87 mi / day, or about 23.87 mi / 24 hours. This comes out to .99 mi / hour, i.e., 1 mph. For the sake of splitting hairs, 1 mile is 5,280 feet. In 1 hour, i.e., 60 minutes, this comes to 88 ft/min. This reduces to 1.466 (repeating) ft/minute, or 17.6 inches / minute. This reduces to .2933 (repeating) inches per second. This is all a roundabout way of saying that Heraclitus is vindicated on a second count when it comes to the invisible motion of earth. In say, ten minutes, the man, the river, and the earth have simultaneously travelled 880 ft.

In a material, biological sense, we are always regenerating. Similarly, from the Tychos cosmological stance, we are always “progressing.” There is far more complexity to this path, whether daily, annually, etc. An unexpected implication of the Tychos responds to an axiom of ecology “You can’t do just one thing.” The Tychos shows that there is an enormous amount of spatial information which is untapped and not well understood. In light of the Tychos paradigm, “global positioning” is something like a new and complex language. Now I’m done - I felt I should share some “lights” that have been turned on while reading the Tychos, which interestingly addresses some abstract or empirical questions I was not equipped to answer myself!
Thanks again to Simon and Patrik for the great work!

2 Likes

Very interesting thought, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That’s one of my favorite quotes, although for a while I was attributing it to Virgil, wrongly. I remember it as “you can never set foot twice in the same river”.

It is interesting and I think needs to be better appreciated to gain a clearer understanding of how we relate to terra firma. When I was under the influence of the standard modes, thinking we went around the sun, it made me wonder about being in the same spot, over and over. But as you say,

Yes, this offers a very, very different perspective on our lives, doesn’t it? I understand what you are getting at. We’re in a place spatially where humans haven’t been for, well, 25344yrs. And we don’t have any records, officially, to look back to.

You would almost have to think that the energies flowing in are different throughout this journey of ours and effect earth and everything on it in different ways.

2 Likes

Yes - the perspective on our earthly life can change a lot. For example, another thing of great interest with the Tychos is somewhat of a demystification of the zodiac, planetary conjunctions, etc., that, to my knowledge, since ancient times, was highly guarded, arcane knowledge (whether reliable or not) available usually only to kings and royalty (generally, if not at a great price to ordinary peasants/slaves). I’m interested in the history of astrology but don’t ascribe any significance to it personally, unless it can or will be demonstrated that there are physical or observable effects of the planetary movements on earth. Anyways, it’s funny too that I arrived at an extreme sense of awe, and a sense that with the Tychosium man can “play God,” which feels like a sort of sacrilege, if not highly forbidden. But, this too falls under “demystification,” and the real ills only start when we start trying to, say, modify weather, alter genes, etc., the agenda 21/nwo sort of things.

As a total layman in astronomy and science, it interests me that even things like weather patterns, precipitation, temperature, etc., also vary in extreme or extremely slight ways every year (weather modification aside). Something about this also never squared with me when thinking in the standard model that assumes the same absolute spatial locations every single year, to infinity. So, this is a major revelation for me!

1 Like