How Long is an Age

Hi Everyone, just joined and I love the interesting discussions on various aspects of the Tychos.

My question is about the ages. Astrologically and culturally, these have been important. Age of Taurus, Aries, Pisces and Aquarius. It made me wonder if we are in the age of Aquarius according to the Tychos.

It seems to me because of the exponential movement within the PVP orbit, that some ages will be longer and some much shorter.

I found it interesting that in the Yugas (Hundi cosmology) the length of the age cycles is large at one end and small at the other. It made me wonder if it made another Analemma there.
yugas 2

So, is anyone good at math? how would we calculate this in the Tychos?

4 Likes

Dear Starla, welcome to the forum ! :slight_smile:

For those forum members who might not know Starla and her work, here’s a link to one of her YT videos. https://youtu.be/Mq07Vb695W8?t=789

Yes, Starla, according to the Tychos, we entered Aquarius roughly around the year 2012 or so. If you go to the Tychosium 3D simulator, you may verify this as follows:

• First, set the date to 2012-03-21 (i.e. March 21, 2012)
  • Then, check the ‘zodiac’ box in the “Stars & helpers objects” menu.

As most of our readers probably know, the spring equinox of March 21 has been considered for millennia as the “zero point” of our celestial sphere (many ancient calendars used March 21 as the “start of the year” - long before it was substituted with January 1).

Note that, in the TYCHOS model, March 21 is (and will always remain) the only day of the year when the Earth’s orbital motion - in absolute space - will be pointing directly (i.e. perpendicularly / orthogonally) towards the Sun. Were ancient cultures aware of this fact? Who knows…but perhaps they were - and this may explain why they chose March 21 as the ‘start of the year’.

As for the different lengths of the age cycles / Yugas in Hindu cosmology, I have actually started to look into this (and have a few hunches as to why they are unequal) but you will have to stay tuned and bear patience - as more study is needed into this particular matter.

2 Likes

Thank you! And thanks for sharing my work!

I will try this with the simulator. For zodiac signs, I believe it follows the sidereal zodiac, not the tropical?

I am starting to truly believe the ancients knew more than we do now, so it wouldn’t be surprised if they were aware.

I’m looking forward to your thoughts on the Yugas. I felt like it had something to do with the exponential rate of perceived “precession”, but that was just an intuitive feeling.

I

2 Likes

Yes, dear Starla - I do encourage you to peruse (and get familiar with) the Tychosium simulator. It should soon become apparent to you why the zodiac signs ‘precess’ over time the way they do, i.e, by one sign to the next every 2112 years or so. (hint: it’s because the Earth physically moves around its PVP orbit, at the snail pace of 1mph).

1 Like

It’s helpful to put in the ecliptic grid and trace to see this! Thanks. I see it now.

Are you saying that we really should have a 360-degree calendar? Have you seen this book? Rumen is a researcher like yourself and fought hard to have this published… it was all based on 360 day year. The Babylonian Astrolabe

Is the reason that the equinox is shifting backwards because we are using a 365-year calendar instead of 360? - Equinox used to be on the 21st of March and now this year it’s the 19th in North America and the 20th in Europe?

1 Like

Dear Starla, here’s a forum post I wrote in January this year, it should answer your question. :slight_smile:

Hi Starla,

Thank you so much for bringing attention to the Tychos model

I’m currently working on a new version of the Tychosium
and it would be valuable to get input on what would be useful to have in the program from an astrological perspective. I’m not very versed in astrology though but since you are, perhaps you could give some suggestions.

An Earth view will be implemented in the future so it’s possible to seamlessly switch between a “birdseye” and an Earthly perspective.

1 Like

Hi Patrik, Amazing work on the Tychosium thus far. What a great tool! I love that I can go as far in the past or the future as I want. The other planetariums out there limit this.

For astrologers, we are always looking at the zodiac from Earth’s perspective but then trying to explain it from a heliocentric point of view. Depending on the astrology practiced, there are two zodiacs, tropical and sidereal. Western astrologers mainly use tropical and Indian or Ancient Babylonian astrologers use Sidereal. The tropical is based on the seasons and follows where the ecliptic and the equator intersect. The first of spring, no matter what day it is, is always 0 Aries. Sidereal Astrology follows the Sun from the perspective of the actual constellations. Both of them are symbolic and are divided into 30-degree sections. So today in Tropical astrology the Sun is at 15 Pisces, in Sidereal astrology the Sun is at 20 degrees Aquarius. A nice feature would be to be able to choose from one or the other.

The mythological symbols of the constellations are a nice feature too, especially for ancient astrologers who focus on myth.

I like that I can already see the pole line and the ecliptic grid.

Being able to pinpoint the ages is key to what I am doing. I will do a video on this in the future.

As I learn the Tychos and incorporate it into astrology, there may be other things, but these are a great start.

Ingrid

1 Like

Thank you Starla. Can you recommend any programs astrologers use? It would be interesting to examine them.

Solarfire, Matrix, Placidus

Also, on Astro.com they have programmer resources and a link to GitHub. I had a plug-in on my website created using this but it’s old and I haven’t updated it, so I don’t use it. But I think it’s a great resource.

1 Like

Hello Starla,
I made my best to work out mathematics on the Tychosium, but I couldn’t find any reason why ages could proceed the way that your Yugas predict. Can you tell me in what precise year was that model built?

It’s in Indian cosmology that dates back to around 1100 BC. My reason for asking about them is that I’m wondering if there was lost knowledge.

This was in an email I received today and I thought that it was apropos.

Not so oddly, this would coincide with some of the writings of his fellow Frenchmen who have written about the Kali Yuga, or the Age of Iron, or Age of Destruction. For Alain Danielou, this occurred in 1939 with the start of the Second World War. For myself, I see it in 1914, with the beginning of the First World War. Regardless, both events set the stage for the current state of circumstances that we seeking to make some sense of.

Ever so briefly, and in passing, something you could easily miss if you were not paying attention, our one presenter mentioned that humanity was now at the edge of the Nadir if not already in it, and that 2012 may, emphasis on the word may, very easily refer to the “closing of the gate” for those seeking human experience. What this means is that those beings who are on the Path of Involution and who seek material experiences in ever denser and coarser dimensions, experiences that are necessary for their evolution, or a dimming of the light so that they may awaken to their inner light, will no longer be easily available on the third rock from the sun in this part of the universe. Sorry, no room at the inn; go down the road. In turn, those who survive the closing of the gate will be somewhere, if even on the lowest rung, on the Path of Return. The closing of this Cosmic Door however is not going to be an easy one.

1 Like