Rudolf Steiner on Tycho and Copernicus

I was researching Rudolf Steiner’s thoughts on the Copernicus model and came across some quotes I thought I would share.

On Tycho Brahe

Blockquote if one now wants to have a significant helper for what one is to research for the future of the twentieth century, someone, so to speak, who can advise one with regard to the supersensible world, if one needs impulses that are in there, then it is the individuality of Julian Apostata-Tycho de Brahe. It is not on the physical plan today, but it is actually always there and always gives information about those things which relate namely to the prophetic in relation to the twentieth century.238“ (Lit.:GA 103

On the Copernicus model

Blockquote in the middle and the planets revolve around it in ellipses. In the near future, however, it will be realised that the view of the world of the stars held by Copernicus is much less correct than the earlier Ptolemaic view. ( 63 ) The view of the world held by the school of Copernicus and Kepler is very convenient, but as an explanation of the macrocosm it is not the truth.

Blockquote Modern Astronomy is therefore not really based on the Copernican system, but accepts the first two axioms because they are convenient and discards the third, thus becoming lost in the prevarication that it is not necessary to suppose that the Earth’s axis itself must move in order to keep pointing to the same spot in the Heavens, but that the place itself is so far away that even if the axis does move parallel to itself it will still point to the same spot. Anyone can see that this is a prevarication. To-day therefore we have a ‘Copernican system’ from which a most important element has actually been discarded.

Blockquote….It is only from the apparent movement of the stars that the Earth’s movement is deduced by this method. As we shall presently see, it is of great significance whether or no one assumes a movement — which indeed must be assumed — namely the aforesaid ‘inclination’ (?) of the Earth’s axis, perpetually annulling the annual rotation. Resultant movements, after all, are obtained by adding up the several movements. If one is left out, the whole is no longer true. Thus the whole theory that the Earth moves round the Sun in an ellipse comes into question.

Steiner was a polymath who lived in the late 1800’s early 1900’s and I think he fully understood the model was a crock. He was also an esoteric Christian, so the Copernicus system is essential the work or the Devil/Lucifer, disconnecting us from our perceptions of truth, but also disconnecting us from our universe as both material and spiritual.

On the spiritual damage he says much more which I don’t fully grasp, but none the less, it’s interesting and somewhat prophetic. Especially his words about Tycho Brahe as I think he was suggesting that researching his work would bring us back to truth.

3 Likes

Interesting that this graphic, which pretty accurately describes planetary motions from the Tychos perspective, has the italicized disclaimer: on the supposition that the earth is at rest. Just as the last quote reads, it is of great significance whether or not the earth is moving. Stating that earth was moving around the sun required oversimplification and falsification of planetary motions, which leads directly to the idea of “retrograde motion” or “apparent retrograde motion” (which must be the memory-hole version of the former term) being used to justify apparent states of affairs that defy logic and nature.

Anyways, another neat graphic from this Gaposchkin textbook giving a good example of epicycles/epitrochoids, though with the same disclaimer that this is only possible or defensible in a geocentric model.

3 Likes

Wow, I did the exact same thing on Autocad about two years ago! Where did you get this link?

Here is the problem however, you can never get a trochoidal pattern out of an object like earth moving at the speed the standard model tells us. The diameter to rotation aspect is too large. You end up with just a long curving line.

Later on I will post a screen shot of my discovery by doing what is shown in this graphic. (I had not heard of Simon’s model yet) I would like to read this though if you can post a link.

Thx

This was my original drawing when I accidentally discovered the prolate trochoid pattern. I had the earth’s orbit (Standard Model) divided into 365 ‘ticks’. Then I put the moon’s orbit centered on one of those ticks. I divided the moons orbit into 29 equal divisions with tick marks. I picked a starting point with the moon being in ‘new moon’ position, directly between earth and sun. Then I advanced earth counter clockwise one tick and also advanced the moon clock wise one tick. It’s tedious but the trochoid pattern will fall right out. The thing that I didn’t really pay attention to was the scale, I just drew it by eye. After I put everything to exact scale its not prolate anymore it’s a long curve that looks almost like a straight line.

moon trochoid
4 wks of the moon’s orbit

moon trochoid 2
A daily look at the moon’s path

When I got Simon’s first book not long afterwards I knew exactly what “Man’s Yearly Path” meant.

I suspect many people don’t understand what MYP actually is but I think it is probably one of the top three fundamental things a person has to get a strong understanding of before they can let go of the Copernical model that was beat into their head. It still frustrates me even though I have spent hours laying out these curves!

Don’t ask me how Simon figured it out but veritable TITAN’S of cosmology have been led astray because they did not know what Simon somehow deduced on paper!

I do feel happy and also Lucky that for whatever reason I accidentally discovered the trochoid pattern, albeit not for Man’s Yearly Path, on my own.

tychos loops moon
The Tychos ch. 13

3 Likes

The graphics are from Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin’s “Introduction to Astronomy” which can be borrowed on archive.org. Very interesting that you’ve used cad to explore the geometry of earth/moon.

1 Like

Boy, she’s got Spook written all over her…

1 Like