Venus Pentagram

I was running the orbit of Venus in the Simulator, and I saw that it creates a perfect pointed star, which is perfect every time. I can understand why this would be in the Tychos Model.
My question is how do i determine at which Zodiacal degree those happen. I can call up the Zodiac, but some kind of degree marker would be nice.

Hello TheDaniel - and welcome to the forum.

In astronomy, the sky is divided (longitudinally) in 24 hours of RA (Right Ascension), meaning that each of the 12 Zodiacal signs correspond to a section of roughly 2 hours of RA. In the Tychosium simulator’s “Positions” menu, you can monitor the celestial positions (a.k.a “ephemerides”) of any body in our Solar System. For instance, if you wish to know the exact position of Venus today (2023-11-30), just check the “Today” box and, in the “Positions” menu, you will see that Venus is at 13h35m of RA (in Virgo - and will soon be entering in Libra).

It might be worth noting here something about this pentagram, it is not broadly understood by modern man. Some here would know that this geometric shape reflects the Golden Mean in the division of the various lines that make it up.

Nick Kollestrom wrote a book called ‘Venus: the Path of Beauty’ where this is all laid out nicely. Kollestrom went on to become quite the truth-teller but was an amateur astrologer in his youth, writing a book on gardening and the moons phases. What a Polymath…!
Needless to say that the Path of Beauty is fractal in nature and would have been a clear sign to ancient observers that an order was at work.

1 Like

Today I downloaded a lovely little app/tool named “Screen-to-Gif”. It basically records a ‘video’ (or animated gif) of any moving images displayed on your laptop’s screen.

So from now on I will be using it to show some interesting things one can do with the Tychosium 3D simulator. Here is how the below gif was made:

• in the “Trace” menu of the Tychosium I selected Venus
  • I then checked the “Trace” box in the “Controls” menu
  • In the “Controls” menu I then selected “1 second equals: 10 years”

Starting from the date 2000-06-21, I then clicked 88 times on the “Step forward” function. As you can see, the pentagram-shaped “flower of Venus” proceeds clockwise - along with the Earth’s clockwise motion around its PVP orbit. Beautiful, isn’t it? :slight_smile: (click on the start button> at bottom right of the image).

Venus_10YEAR_progression
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- click on the start button ^

You may even notice how the Sun and the orbit of Mars also slowly proceed clockwise over time - just as stipulated by the TYCHOS model - a full 360° revolution of our entire Solar System being completed in 25344 (or 25345) years.

4 Likes

That’s quite nice, thank you for sharing that. Looking at this, there seems to be a symmetry of the lowest part of the ‘loop’ and projecting this outward. So my question is then, who would you determine the RA at the bottom the “loop” or its most inward point.

I’m sorry but I simply cannot make any sense out of your question. Please reformulate it in a more comprehensible manner.

@TheDaniel166 I am assuming

“So my question is then, how would you determine the RA (of each loop,) at the bottom the “loop” or its most inward point.”

If you are trying to determine the RA for each loop you would use the bottom of the loop.You want the point that Venus is closes to earth and also in conjunction with the Sun. Which would also be the most inward point.

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean. I guess I just need to get more familiar with the simulation app.
This whole system has made me rethink everything I know about astronomy. Hell, even archeo-astronomy.

2 Likes